Sunday, December 2, 2007

New Glasses

I ordered some new glasses. They're big. I'm excited to wear them. Also. It snowed here. I really love snow in the wither rather than rain. Rain in the winter just seems so mean. It's cold, and wet and uncomfortable. It's not like a summer rain where you can run out in it and love the big ones that land right on your part. The winter rain is mean, and I never want to go out in it. But snow. Snow in the winter is so nice. It's soft and happy. It's bright and fluffy. Just so much nicer than rain. Rain makes everyone grumpy. Snow just makes things sleepy and kids happy. It gives a blanket to all the trees and cars on the street. They all just take naps. With their big fluffy snow blankets. It's so happy to me. It almost makes me want to lay out in the snow for hours and get a perfect snow blanket. Then I remember things like hypothermia. . ..and I go back inside and take a hot bath. So thats why I like snow more than rain.

I also love Home Alone.
And I think my favorite Beatles song right now is: Cry Baby Cry. It's pretty.
Derek wants to know more about Brian Epstein. So...I'm on the hunt for a book about him since I only know a little bit about him. I like to be well versed in the Beatles.

I want to curl my hair. I might not have time.

2 comments:

Randomness Incarnate said...

I realized I miss winter too. The snow and bundling up. Hot breath in the air. Gloves. Snow tunnels. Icy roads. Car wrecks. People dead. Families destroyed. Ooops maybe I'm missing the Christmas spirit.

I know nothing about the beatles. Zero zip zilch. Except that they were popular and my aunt loves them. And that I always hear songs and think thats the beatles and the radio says thats not the beatles its this other band who copied them...got ya.

Aunti Christ-ine said...

Let me butt in a minute here.
Butt, butt, says the Eppylover.

The absolute BEST books covering the real Brian Epstein, without getting trashy or tabloidy yet still keeping starkly honest, are:

The Brian Epstein Story
(a.k.a. In My Life:The Brian Epstein Story)
by Debbie Geller

~and~

The Man Who Made The Beatles
by Ray Coleman.

You can usually find them used on Amazon or eBay ~ sometimes at really bargain prices.

If you get stuck on reading more about Eppy, here are a few more good ones that have a lot of Beatles material also:
Magical Mystery Tours:My Life With The Beatles by Tony Bramwell,

With The Beatles by Alistair Taylor,

and Brian's own autobiography (written in tandem with Derek Taylor), A Cellarful Of Noise ~ but just make sure you get the Rhino Rediscovery Edition with the 50-page preface by Martin Lewis.

Now, books to shun that contain trashy, unproven material:
The Love You Make by Peter Brown,

anything by Albert Goldman or Geoffrey Guiliano,

and the Bob Spitz book, The Beatles:The Biography, which simply repeats much from both Brown and Goldman.

I shall leave you alone now ~ but if you need to know anything else Eppy-wise, talk to me.