Friday, May 20, 2011

The Immortal Series

Well, I finished this book:

Pretty much just like the others.
Lots of these lines in it:
"I press my lips together..."
"blah blah blah, But still, blah blah blah"
"I answer too quickly to ever be believed."

I actually just did a Google book search for the phrase "but still" in the her books and it came up with 38 results in Night Star. In Dark Flame, the book just before this one, she uses it apparently 43 times. I think that's too many times...

These books just have that lovely Stephanie Meyer touch to them, where the author just might have had a thesaurus out while writing it, giving her characters things to say that normal 16 year olds would never say.

I don't know how I've read 5 of the 6 books in this series so far. I cringe and make faces while I read them, and yet I keep thinking, well I have to know what happens I guess... so I keep getting them from the library and they keep getting read.
I think I keep convincing myself that since my 8th graders love this series I have to find out what they're reading and keep up with the in crowd. Except when they say, "I love this series! Have you read it?!" and then I don't know how to respond.... "Uh, yeah. I have...they're...great?"

No comments: