Currently I'm in the never-ending process of writing an award-winning, New-York-Times-best-selling young adult novel (who isn't, right?), and I happen to love cereal so much that this little gem is working its way into my story (or working its way out, depending on my mood):
"When I got older, I didn’t cry myself to sleep as often, or at least not as noticeably. The pressure would build and the panic would come, but I found different ways of battling it. Sometimes finding small things to look forward to helped. Take for example: breakfast. When I would start to feel my throat tighten and the sinking pressure of the ocean, I would think, I get to have Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast tomorrow...and that would help me breathe again. I would lie awake, thinking of each sugary bite and how the cold milk would soon swirl with cinnamon when it was finished, and I would resurface. It didn't always help, but most nights I could fall asleep dreaming of breakfast."
So tonight when Kelly said, "You have so many cereal boxes up there (our cereal cupboard) that just have a little bit left in them. Are you going to eat those?" I said to myself, "Challenge accepted."
It's not the craziest I've ever been with cereal-mixing, but I thought it took a nice picture. And it most definitely made a fantastic before-bed snack.
2 comments:
Lol! I love it! And I want to read your novel someday.
I absolutely support everything about your book. I'm excited for it to say, "Dedicated to Eric, the one I trusted more." Also. Write it faster, I want to read it.
Post a Comment