Emily's blargh says that she is a living testament to the phrase that youth is wasted on the young. I doubt that. She's awesome. She's the best youth there is. Because she feels things and reads things and tries really hard to improve herself and has goals and dreams and is extremely multi-talented and it doesn't matter that she can't do a push-up because she's young and "F PHYSICAL EDUCATION!" and that's the spirit of youth. She's youth.
I'm youth. Her blargh also says she can't wait to spring out of adolescence. So I thought about that. I'm in that adolescent lit class and adolescence seriously rules. You get to experiment with everything and try things out and ask scary questions and intimidate adults and rebel and revolt and feel alone and say, "No one understands me" and actually believe it. That's the best. I still feel like an adolescent. We read those books and talk about how they would be good for the younger audiences and I think, "Man, I really related to this." I've got a young heart. And brain. And teeth. And feet. I think eyes are the only thing that truly age.
And Sharks have several rows of teeth so that when they lose one, another one moves up in its place within 24 hours sometimes! So stop cutting off their fins and killing them for your stupid shark fin soup. Because I own a shark and he's the nicest little Hambone ever. I make zero sane.
I Make Zero Sane's debut: Sharks are a little joy in my life. I see them and I say, "But I like sharks" and then i say, "I like tuhtuls." Because I do. I live in the sea. My name is finny and I live in bright orange coral and my name is also coral. Magical Maniac Mystery Montague Morning Mourning Miracle.
Lee Harvey Oswald is frying my brain.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think you're the epitome of youth. You are youthful and you're radiant because of it.
I never want you to grow up. Because I never want to.
Let's be irresponsible adults all day long. Remember when we bought 13 dollars in candy? Even when I couldn't afford 10 dollars of gas? Remember when we busted that light bulb and took awesome pictures of it?
I love your writing and I love your little life.
hey. but i like sharks. and i like tuhtuls. that makes me miss you and rachel. and makes me scared for the future. because i'll probably end up in a place full of more missing. i'm in a period of fear.
but i like sharks.
Post a Comment