A Famous Poet’s Conversation with His Mother
Mother, do you remember the first book I tried to publish? The not-so-famous one?
No, not the Cat in the Hat; the one before the operation.
I see you trembling, mother. Were you afraid that I would remember?
You think I don’t remember my true father, but you are wrong. I remember his
strong paws, how I used to hop on pop. Oh, the places we would go!
But look at us now; a disgrace. We’ve betrayed our own kind
from the moment we walked into that plastic surgeon vet’s office. I remember it all.
And just because clogs weren’t a popular trend yet and the hat, that damned hat, was always in.
Oh, yes I’ll have more eggs please. Make mine green.
But back to the real issue; you forced me to get pointy ears and a sunken in face
and to poop in this sand box! Oh, if I were to go back – things would be different.
The Dog in the Clog would rise in popularity and we could still have this lavish life – but it would be honest. Now, I suppose you’re right. The clog did go in and out of style quite quickly,
and the hat has never failed us yet.
I just don’t like the fact that you traded in our own culture for a quick buck.
And what I’m trying to say, mother is it’s time I go back.
Leave this life of fame and lies and fleas and chew on a nice juicy bone the way I was born to.
Don’t give me that Seuss abuse, mother! I’ve made up my mind! I am going back!
It’s beginning! Arf! Arf!
The Dog in the Clog will hit stores immediately, May 2009!
Be prepared, mother. All your secrets will be revealed.
1 comment:
i do love that. love. we should make a book. we can call it "Garbage" or "What the Cat dragged in" It will be full of all the junk we write and want people to read. good idea? yes.
Your little word security thing always has me type real and awkward phrases. once it was "bloat if" and now it's "meat edger"
OH MAN. It's a secret message from your communist blog! The next one will say "youwill". You will bloat if you use the meat edger!!!
Post a Comment