Friday, April 16, 2010

Life is a grab bag.

My life is pretty hilarious.
My friends and I used to say "Life is a grab bag."

So Tuesday Lehi Junior High calls me and tells me...Oops, budget cuts. You can't be an intern after all. So I'm shocked. I was so excited and someone pulled the rug out from under me. I emailed the lady who sets up all the interviews for BYU and she tells me there's one more junior high that needs an intern. I called the principal and set up yet another interview.This interview was basically a tour of the new school. It's AMAZING. SO gorgeous! I mean, my middle school had a gym and a little carpeted pit they called a "little theater." I think it sat about 40 and was PATHETIC. The only extra curriucular activities we had were choir or band so you could either be a geek or a geekier...This school has:
- a gym
- indoor track
- auditorium seating 700
- fitness center for students
- dance studio for students- metal shop
- art room
- sewing room
- 2 stories!
I can't even believe how amazingly nice it is; how much is offered to these students. We didn't even have second languages available to us in our middle school. So, walking through these vast, empty halls, all I could say was "amazing" and "so beautiful." The principal showed me where my classroom would be. We walked in it. It has an LCD projector, a sound system so I can use a mic, a white board, a window, and a built in teacher's desk. I could hardly breathe. We stood there in the empty room and he asked me questions. Interview questions. I answered them. And he told me, "Well, Natalie, the job is yours if you want it." I WANT IT!

God has this way with me...He is constantly throwing things my way that make me think and whine whyyyy. But then something else comes along and I say, Ohhh. That's why.

One day last summer when I was having a particularly hard time I prayed for a lot of things. I prayed for the things I thought I needed, for the things I knew I wanted and I prayed for a rainstorm so I could go outside and feel heavy. Just take my shoes off and walk through the puddles feeling the thunder. It started to rain and I ran outside. I kicked my shoes off and as soon as I took my first step outside, the rain let up. It drizzled and I felt so disappointed. Why couldn't I have anything I wanted!? I needed that rainstorm! So I walked around for a while in my bare feet, feeling completely confused and discouraged. And as I was walking, I heard a distinct voice in my mind say to me, "Natalie, be patient. This is all I can give you right now."

I realized I was asking too much, for things I wasn't ready for. He was telling me, hold out for something better. So I try to remember that when something off happens. Just be patient, God won't let me fall too far.

So now I have this internship at a school in Saratoga Springs. This brand new, amazingly beautiful school with a window and my own desk and I couldn't be happier.
And Robbie and Sarah came into town tonight and we're "running a marathon" tomorrow. Robbie signed himself and me up for the Salt Lake City half marathon which I have trained this much for.
0
And I'm this ready for0
But, I just keep thinking. Hey, I keep telling myself I need to start exercising. What better way than to start by power walking 13 miles?...

Yay for Robbie and Sarah coming into town!
THEY'RE HAVING A BABY!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Im so stinkin happy for you. Saratoga springs....awesome! God is with you.

Kikal said...

I almost cried for your drawer. Then WHAMO! A new voice activated drawer!!

Austin said...

ah man! this is great! Reading this was very inspiring. Definitely much needed. God asks us for our patience so that he may bring about blessings in due time.-Something I've been trying to learn/accept recently

good luck!

Eric Layland said...

Natalie. I would be dead if we weren't friends.

You are the best.