Kaitlin and I were talking about this one day. Love, in any and every form, should not be a black hole. Sure, you can fall into love like space ships fall into black holes, but certainly love should not act as the life-sucking holes in space do. Let's think about this. What exactly are black holes? They are a region of space from which nothing can escape, not even light. You fall into a black hole, and you do not emit light. At all. You're stuck. Shouldn't love be light? What about that happy "glow"? Yet, how many times do we see people falling into black hole love? Too often. It's strange and painful and annoying. You can see examples of this in such movies as Twilight and Dear John. Yikes. When do you ever see Bella and Edward laugh together or do something remotely fun? Their love is pain. Annoying, unnecessary, black hole pain. They fall in love and suddenly nothing else matters and they grunt when they kiss each other and put their foreheads together way too often.
I think teenagers fall into this black hole love a lot. You think you meet the love of your life, perhaps you have, and suddenly you're willing to break the rules, lie to your family, skip class, cry to love songs, try to write your own crappy renditions of said love songs...all so your painful love can go on.
Love should be light. Love should make you want to do things for others and smile and laugh and run around like dummies. The scriptures tell us God is love. God is not annoying, depressed or in pain...
Not long ago, a certain boy helped me realize the most important thing I've realized in a long time: I'd rather laugh than cry. Why would I ever choose to cry when I could laugh? It feels so much better. Life isn't a black hole; love shouldn't be a black hole. He helped me find my light again.
This topic is strange. haha. This blog post feels like it's going nowhere I want it to go. But I don't want to delete it. So just deal with its random disconnectedness.
And instead of being confused and sad, watch this and be happy:
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I thought love was a battlefield?
I think this is great. Love should never be the cause of your sadness. And I also think a relationship shouldn't consume you so completely that you no longer have anything that is just yours. Sometimes couples become clones of each other that can never be apart. That's not healthy either. All things in balance. That is the way to Nirvana. The band.
You are so smart. And true. I loved all that you said. It's so true. And I hate seeing people who choose to be sucked into those "loves". It makes my heart cry.
I'm glad you've chosen to be happy:)
Also. Good video.
Post a Comment