Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Tradition

Since Kelly and I are on our own this year, we have to make up our own traditions. Here is our new Christmas Eve Tradition: Monkey Bread for breakfast!

I took pictures along the way... except for when things went horribly wrong. I forgot to take pictures then. 

First, I got all my dough pieces all cinnamon sugary. Mmmmmm
If I were ever to be lost in a canyon, I would hope it to look like this:
But then Kelly said, "What about the nuts?" I forgot about the nuts!

So, I put the rolls back in the giant ziplock bag and poured in the nuts. As I was shaking the bag - BAM! The zipper was no longer locked and all the cinnamon sugar and nuts and little delightfully sugary rolls were on the floor and the counter. It's not a Natalie Cooking Show without some kind of disaster!

But then, after burning my finger and walking around with sticky, sugar feet and cursing the bundt pan for being too small and making my bread explode over the top, it was finished. And it was quite good. 








It's a tradition! Christmas Eve breakfast!! You only have to do it once and then yell, "TRADITION!" while it's happening for it to become a tradition, right?

No comments: