Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm Good At Everything I Do

Everyone is doing Pinterest. I'm attempting. And in my attempt, I found this little beauty. 
What a pretty hair idea! 
So, along with attempting Pinterest, I'm also attempting new hairdos. Let me show you how it went...
Spoiler: It goes EXACTLY like the original!

Step 1: Section off the front pieces of your hair so that you look a little bit like a dog.

Step 2&3: Turn the back of your hair into 3 braids while still keeping that nice dog look. Then turn the shutter speed a little too low on your camera so you get washed out so now you're a ghost dog. 

Step 4: Be really excited about having 3 braids at once!

Step 5: Awkwardly braid the dog ears so now you have 5 BRAIDS! 
Step 6: When the directions tell you to "Bobby pin the 3 braids into a low bun...Whatever looks best on you!", decide that mashing the braids onto the back of your head so that they no longer resemble braids looks best on you. (Do people really know how to just pin 3 braids into a bun?! Who teaches you that stuff?)

Step 7: Take the dog ears and pin those over your mashed bird's nest -- I mean braided bun. Make sure you find the most awkward and uncomfortable pose to take a picture of the back of your head! 

Step 8: Decide to be more awkward and take a picture of yourself in the mirror...BACKWARDS! Is my Myspace account still up?...And voila! You have a BEAUTIFUL(ly mashed) braided bun!


Let's see how they compare:


 (Nice and close up so you can see my handiwork)

 Nailed it.


This is me nailing it.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

you are a cute babe! i read this out loud to all my roommates and we laughed together. :) love you and your hot mess hair.

Emily Rigby said...

Ohhhhhhhhh my gosh. Just laughed during a call at work because of this. Haha. Screw pinterest.

Anonymous said...

haha I just laughed out loud! I love this. You are too funny.