I really do want to go back through my life and count how many times I have heard the exact phrase, "Did you get dressed in the dark this morning?" directed at me. I bet it would be a lot. I heard it today when I walked into work. I heard it all the time in high school. I hear it at work a lot too. People must just think I have some bad fuses in my house. But really. I rarely get dressed in the dark. I just have a philosophy called I wear whatever I want to wear and sometimes that means I wear my red sweatshirt with hot pink boots over my dark blue pants and green and black scarf. But I just wanted to wear the boots so my feet wouldn't get wet and I like my red sweatshirt and I just finished making the scarf today so I wanted to try it out. It's very warm.
So.
Really.
When you look at me. You just have to look at each thing individually for it to make sense. Oh nice boots. And scarf. Oh nice sweatshirt. See? It all fits together. They match because they are all nice things. They have a common thread between them: I wanted to wear them.
But really.
If I get a time machine, I will go back to each time that it was said to me and I'll count. Or maybe I'll get a life computer. One that has a script of your whole life written out and I can CTRL F and find each time.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
it's been far too long since i've seen you and i think that commenting on a blog is much more personal than commenting on a facebook, so hello.
i forgot that you are a good writer, good job. hope you are enjoying the cold cold wintry cloudy weather and still riding your bike.
natalie. you're clothing is always brilliant. even where you wear your moose shirt to the temple.
my life script. CTRL F: Jina.
Probably six thousand times.
I like when you dress. I think it's the perfect way to dress. It makes you happy. It's better than just wearing american eagle. Or american apparel for that matter. You have a relationship with your clothes that transcends mere wearing. That's endearing. You're a doll
Post a Comment