One day I'll wake up early and not resent my alarm clock.
One day I'll figure out how to match my clothes.
And on that day, the internet will explode and Will Smith will come out of hiding and start singing Welcome to Miami, but only to me, and only non-stop.
Party in the city where the heat is on...
Instead of wearing a sensible jacket or sweater today, I wore a huge coat. I decided that I'm sick of being surprised by how cold it is. Instead, I want to be surprised by how much I'm sweating after walking up the stairs from my puppet class. Does my life sound like a joke? It's not. These things are real.
I'm also inventing a new literary theory called Peter Pan Theory. Believe it.
Believe how smart I am.
And I'm writing a paper on how I would turn my favorite book into a movie.
And writing a paper on how I would teach my little students grammar using that same book. And now movie.
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
I love that the original title of the book was supposed to be I'm OK.Read it. Read him. He changes lives. So does his wife.
I have a lot of books that I need and want to read. It's just that sometimes I forget how much reading means to me so I sit around watching internet TV and eating toffee...
I have a lot of things to do before Thanksgiving break, but once that break comes....ohhhh the nothing I will do. The puzzles I will put together. The birds I will whistle to.
1 comment:
i'm thankful for nothing too. tell me about the peter pan theory. it sounds the best.
Post a Comment