Friday, December 17, 2010

Breaking News

So sad. The Provo Tabernacle went up in flames this morning and the roof collapsed. I guess my blog is a news blog now.

I only listen to Christmas music on the way to school and this morning I heard something about it being on fire and I thought, WHAT?! So I had to get to school and look it up for myself. It's true.

Just last year...Kelly and I were skiing. We finished our day of skiing, knowing my family was down in Provo waiting for us. We sped down the freeways and found the smallest parking spot on the tippy-top level of the parking garage. When we walked in the front doors of the tabernacle, they said we weren't allowed in. "But, my mom's in there!" Sorry. So I texted mom and she had to run down from the balcony and get us. I think that's the first time my parents met Kelly. Emily's choir was singing. It was beautiful. I was so excited for everyone to meet Kelly.
And then a year later, Kelly and I are married.
So I guess you could say that tabernacle helped us get married....Well, I guess you could say it but I don't think you'd want to.

Anyway, sad that it's on fire and might have to be demolished. It's sad when things rich with history are gone.

On the bright side, today is my last day of school! Then a 2 week break!
CHRISTMAS!!!
I was supposed to wear a Santa hat to school today (It's Santa hat day) but I don't have one. So I'm just wearing a red sweater and my nice pants and I'll say, "I'm Santa's secretary."

No comments: