I got the job!!
Moments after the hinting counselor left, Principal S came in and talked to me. He offered me the job and I accepted on the spot.
Kelly took me out to a celebratory dinner at The Cheesecake Factory that night. It was amazingly delicious. I stuffed myself because that's how true victors celebrate!
I will be working as a full-time English teacher at Vista Heights Middle School next year!
Think about what this means:
1. All of those times when students have said, "I hope my brother gets you next year!" I no longer have to feel sad at the thought that I might not be here next year.
2. I will be making more money than I ever have before in my life. A real job with a real salary. I'm fully anticipating a blown mind when that first paycheck comes in.
3. I don't have to move all my stuff out of my classroom and find someplace to store it all. Phew. I was dreading the possibility of hauling out all my teaching resources, posters and books. Dodged that bullet.
4. I can start next year being known as Mrs. Thomson. I won't have to be approached by so many confused students saying, "Ms. Culp...I mean...Mrs. Thomas...what's your name again?"
Not having to wait anymore feels so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
In response to number 4, "I'm never going to forget your name Mrs. Thomas!"
NATALIE!!!! I'm so excited for you! CONGRATULATIONS!! I wish I had you as a teacher when I was growing up :)
Post a Comment