Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Waiting...

I had an interview last Tuesday at the school which I am interning at right now. I really want to stay here next year, and the principal has told me he would love it if I stayed. But alas, they had to interview a lot of people and there are no guarantees. So I've applied to many other places and I have some interviews lined up, but I really want to stay here.

I'm supposed to know this week if I have the job here.
The interview went really well. I was confident and professional and spoke clearly. I was prepared and the principal smiled.
So nonw I'm waiting. And waitig.
And everyone else is waiting too.

"How did the interview go?"
"Do you know anything yet?"
"Has Principal S talked to you yet?"

All these questions to which I have no answer. Yet.

And I'm in the lab right now with my students, helping them type their research papers, and someone pops his head in the door. Principal S. He looked at me and said, "I can see you're in the middle of something so I'll come back." He left. And he was smiling. Yes, he's always smiling but what if? Is this the big one? Do I have a job here next year??!!!!?!?!?!?!?!??!

What did he want!?
What was he going to say!?
When will he come back!?

All this and more today at 5. (this is a news story)

I'll let you know when I know....

No comments: