Friday, October 24, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green

Here are the things that I do to be environmentally nice:

- If the baggers at the store ever ask "paper or plastic?" I respond, "Paper, please."
- I save all of the plastic bags from my grocery shopping trips in which the bagger does not ask. I tie them in a knot and put them under my sink and use them for garbage bags and then day dream about all of the other uses which could come from them.
- When using public restrooms, I only use one paper towel to dry my hands
- I don't use aerosol hair spray cans, In fact, i don't even use any hairspray
- When I see obvious litter, I pick it up and throw it away. I was really happy when those commercials came on TV. The ones where people just stand around staring at the obvious litter next to the trashcan but not picking it up and then someone comes by and finally throws it away. Because I'm that girl. I'll pick it up.
- I don't eat fish. Thereby: not endorsing the killing of whales and fish and sharks.
- I reuse Big Gulp cups.
- I don't let my hair go down the shower drain
- I turn off the lights when I don't need them on.
- When my roommate turns the air conditioning on "ON", I switch it to "AUTO" so it isn't constantly blowing.
- I don't leave the water running while I brush my teeth.
- I take long showers. So I get cleaner. And less air pollution...
- I have a Britta filter water pitcher so I'm not constantly buying Dasani water bottles and wasting plastic.
- I don't wash my pants until they smell like they need to be washed.
- I ride my bike to school and other close places in which a car seems ridiculous to use.
- My boyfriend sings "It's Not Easy Being Green" in his Kermit voice
- I own a shirt that says, "Love is the New Recycle" which I don't get but. .. I wear.
- I also own a shirt that says, "Don't be Trashy Recycle" which is also hilarious.

So. I'm the Green Queen.
That's what I'm trying to say.
Vote for me for a cleaner environment.
Culp '08

2 comments:

Eric Layland said...

green queen bachachi. thats what i know you thought. long showers and never cleaning your clothes. you are so environmental. rachel was opposite- no showers and 8 outfits a day. she hates the environment. and sharks. obviously.

redneckzilla said...

I like all of these commitments to the environment you have. You're a very clean person. One day, you'll even win the noble prize. Not the Nobel. The noble.