Monday, August 3, 2009

Ikea

I'm going to Ikea today. So..I have to think of all the things I need...
Why not think on this blog.
Good idea.

- Bathroom rug I hate having to dry off while I'm still IN the shower. Especially in my tiny weird brown shower... I want to stand on a furry rug and dry off on that.
- Maybe one of those other bathroom rugs that go under the toilet. My family always has those, they look so fancy. But if you accidentally pee on the floor...that rug is done for. So...I'll have to weigh the amount of times I accidentally pee on the floor against style...see what comes up.
- Trash cans. Two of them. One for each of my bathrooms. That's right. I have two. The downstairs one is for teeth and hair and everything because it's just across the hall from me. But, I have to go upstairs to shower. And they need trashcans. I keep blowing my nose and throwing it away in the toilet...and that's weird.
- A stuffed animal. Ikea always has the best stuffed animals. I already have two best friends I got from Ikea: A stuffed fox named Chester because he is SO stoned all the time. (Like Chester from Sifl and Olly) and A giant stuffed shark named Hambone. He watches shark week with me and sometimes comes to work with me when I'm sad. He's such a pal. I can always go for a stuffed animal.

Other than that, I can't think of much else I might need from Ikea. I know I need more records to sit on my floor and listen to. And I know I need some nails to hang up my ELO poster. Oh, and some more dresses and possibly another bathing suit (I might be going on a boat this Saturday, I gotta look my best). But those aren't Ikea things. Perhaps I'll be walking down the isles and see something that just CALLS my name. And I'll say, "Oh, I must have this!" And it'll probably be something strange and unnecessary like a shoelace organizer or an ice tray in the shape of body parts. I don't even have any shoes with laces.
I could use some new sandals....maybe Ikea will have some of those. Or maybe they'll just have sandal holders and organizers and posters with a trendy design of screenprinted sandals.

If all else fails, I can always come home with the free, tiny brown pencils that are great for games such as Scattagories and Boggle.

1 comment:

Eric Layland said...

don't get that toilet rug. I did the math. You pee on the floor too much.

Keep writing.

One time I was in my bedroom and I could hear my roommate peeing. And then I heard him fart. From my room. On my bed. I was grossed out.