Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Teaching incoherency

I haven't posted a lot since I started teaching. I haven't really been doing anything since I started teaching because...I spend all my time teaching. Literally I go and go and go and never stop and then when I do stop, I'm sleeping. It's either: teaching, planning what to teach, planning wedding things or thinking of ways to punish my classes.

My brain has also turned to mush and I have to pee all the time. Because I never stop drinking water because I think if I stop drinking water, I'll just fall over dead.

When the bell rings and kids run out the door, I forget how to say real things. SO if you ever see me after school, don't be surprised if I say something stupid and my words slur together. I turn off my brain at 245pm.

BUT....life does get exciting sometimes as a teacher. I intercepted a note today. This is what it read:

"hey...your gorgeous! I like you still :/ LOL I know you don't like me back but that would be pretty damn awesome "skinny!" ha ha...
Just sayin :)
write back...

Hey to be honest with you I still like you alot. and I'm pretty happy that you like me back! :) I think your way beautiful and way nice ;)
-Love _______

Aww LOL...
your kinda beautiful too... ha ha :) hey what would you rate me on a scale of 1-10? Just wondering <3>
Love , _________

10 all the way! :)"

(and yes they really did misspell you're and use those sideways smileys. I don't know why you would write it sideways when you can write it the regular way on paper....)

Anyway. I about peed my pants. 8th grade romance!
The kids here are pretty funny. But they're not funny when they won't shut up. You hear that 8th graders, IT'S NOT FUNNY!

I got so mad at my last class today, I stopped in the middle of what I was doing and made them read the next chapter on their own, silently. I didn't have the energy or patience to stand there and remind them to be quiet every 5 seconds. They had their warning. And I'm sure if I would have tried to have the patience, I would have said some swear words.

The wedding is almost planned....almost.
So come to my wedding because I'm marrying Kelly Thomson and I'm so excited I could die.

2 comments:

evieperkins said...

I totally did the same thing my first year of teaching 8th grade. Call their parents. All 8 of the little buggers in one class. Give 'em detention. And, if you have to, make them (the whole class if necessary) copy entries out of the dictionary in cursive, informing them that if they can't handle learning the modern way, they can sure as heck do it the old fashioned way.

PS--You don't know me, but oddly enough, you were almost replaced me. I was the teacher transferred out at Lehi Jr. I couldn't believe it when I heard they decided not to hire anyone! I'm glad you found a place!

Eric Layland said...

One of my favorite groupings of words you ever typed:

"planning wedding things or thinking of ways to punish my classes.

My brain has also turned to mush and I have to pee all the time"

You are a genius.