Thursday, October 6, 2011

McDonald's Monopoly is BACK!

If you know me, you know I love when McDonald's plays Monopoly. I love peeking into trashcans and taking the pieces fools left on their cups. I love winning a tiny ice cream cone. I love having Park Place and wondering, WHO WILL GET BOARDWALK!?!?

A few weeks ago Kelly and I went to a new, closer McDonald's. We figured there were 2 possible pros: it was closer to our house and better (safer) than the one strategically placed just across the street from the DI that we used to go to.

When we got there and ordered, this was the view from our table:

Apparently they were doing some construction. But it was fine, and there was a pretty funny moment we got to witness that made up for it.
Two young kids (age 6?) came in with 20 cents made up of various coins, asking for an ice cream cone with M&Ms or 2 apple pies. Their approach was this:
"Hey, you like us, right? Well, we only have 20 cents, but can we get 2 apple pies?...Okay, how about an ice cream?" When the guy was nice enough to give them a child's cone for free (because he couldn't stop laughing), the fearless kid said, "Hey, you forgot the M&Ms!" We heard him saying to his friend as they left, "They're really starting to like us here!"

I think it was Dennis the Menace.

It was an oddd, but good trip to Micky D's.

So, we went back tonight. It's Monopoly time, people! Gotta get my game on!
This time, we walked onto a full-blown construction sight:

There are a few golden things to notice in this picture. This is a Highlights magazine...
Can you find the sleeping construction worker at the only table in the restaurant?
How about the broom barricading the door?
The bits falling out of the ceiling?

We still ordered, laughing. The guy asked, "For here or to go?"
I looked around and back at the sleeping construction worker, laughed, and said, "Is there a here?" We ate in our car.


WE WON A QUARTER POUNDER WITH CHEESE!

Gotta love McDonald's Monopoly.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I gotta go there!!!! You actually won!!!!!! I love this.

Marcindra LaPriel said...

I don't know you but I love your blog and laugh out loud quite often.

Keep it up. We need people to write witty things about mundane life.

Not that it matters, but in case you were wondering, the word verification of the day is "sollfly".