Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break: Day 1

Spring Break: Day 1
(No pictures. Sorry, ya'll)

Unlike work days, I woke up at a normal time. I had a hard time falling asleep last night because I knew I didn't have to wake up. But, I got a full 8 hours and it felt great. Let me, since I know you're all super interested, fill you in on my day 1 of spring break...

Ahem...

8:30am - Internet TV was instantly turned on while eating a breakfast of Honey Nut Cheerios and, eventually, Oreos. The Oreos soon led me to bust out the ice cream, of course. (If you give a mouse a cookie, and whatnot) So, breakfast turned out to be: a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, about 7 Oreos, and Rocky Road ice cream. It was awesome.

9:30am - Finally time to get ready for the day. What was I getting ready for, you ask? Well, I don't want to spoil the surprise. It's only 9:30!

10:00am - With no real pressing matters to attend to, I indulge myself in more internet TV, telling myself, "I'll run one errand today: I'll go to the library."

10:30am - Still trying to pull myself away from internet TV. I can't do it!

11:30am - I pause The Office when a commercial hits because, hey, no one likes The Office anymore. Stopping mid show? No problem! I don't care what happens anyway!

11:45am - I arrive at the Tyler Library, perhaps the sketchiest library in the SLC Library system (perhaps: I haven't visited them all). The first day Kelly and I visited that library, there was a man attempting to acquire a library card using only his fishing license and concealed weapons permit...

12:00pm - I leave the library with Laurie Halse Anderson's Wintergirls and Gladwell's Outliers. I read the first page of Outliers as I stop for gas on the way home and think, "Man, it's been a long time since I've read a grown-up book."

12:15pm - I get home and read the next two words on the second page of Outliers, put the book down, pick up Wintergirls and begin reading. Ahhh, the world of adolescent literature. My haven.


12:15-4:30pm - I read Wintergirls. As I read, I just keep thinking, "Should I finish this today?" and then I'd check the time and think, "Man, the day is still young! I can keep reading all day!" And then I did. I read all day. And I finished the book. I only cried once, which is pretty good for me in a YA book. *self high five!*

4:30pm - I half wander half dance around the house, wondering what I should do next. I still have an hour until Kelly gets home and realizes I've done nothing. What do I choose to do with my remaining hour? Why, I watch more internet TV, of course! This time, however, is different. I carry my computer with me to different rooms as I complete different tasks. I put away laundry and curl my hair. PRODUCTIVE!

5:30pm - Kelly comes home and I follow him around like a puppy becuase I have had no human interaction all day. I then tell him, "I don't want to make dinner tonight. SPRING BREAK!" He responds with, "Ok, sure. I'll just go to work all day and then come home and make dinner." I smile because, yes, that is exactly what I want. Kelly will most likely make McDonalds for dinner. I'm down with that.

That's only the first half of my day. Who knows what the evening will bring!!

My dear friend Alex just had her baby, so I might go visit her new, adorable bundle of joy. Super excited for her! I can't believe she's a mom! We're going to be friends forever! (You hear that, Alex?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay spring break. Yay Alex!