Monday, November 26, 2007

monday.

Sometimes I'm Garfield and I hate Mondays but I LOVE lasagna. Today. . .I don't hate Monday...I'm just sick of it. Like I literally just feel sick. I slept through my humanities. The first class I have slept through this semester. I always feel so bad when I sleep through classes because I don't want to make the teacher feel like he's boring. He's not boring. I just felt terrible. Thats all. Even though I did bring a sock full of rice to school to heat up and lay across my stomach. I felt like I was in high school. I feel like I did a lot of things like that in high school. Bring random things that are weird to bring but are beneficial to me so I didn't care if people thought it was weird.. ..because I wanted it there. Like a bowl of cereal or a lawn chair. Today it was a sock of rice.

When I walk on campus, I eaves drop. On everyone. Around me. But I think I've gotten to a point where I'm such an amazing eaves dropper that I pick up on everyone's conversation even when i don't want to. And I end up hearing the stupidest conversations and I end up thinking those people are stupid.
"So I was like Cosmo! Cosmo! And he came down to my row. And I gave him a hug. Oh and then I kissed him on his cougar face and I he was like ohhhh.. .and pretended to faint. It was so cool."
"It was so sweet. There was an actual mosh pit at an EFY dance!"
And then when I hear these conversations. . .I start to wonder what I talk about with my friends when I'm around other people, and if they are just as annoyed with me. It happens with how people dress too. Some people dress so obnoxiously. Like they're trying really really hard. Like straining to fit into some category or look like a specific something or someone. I can't get over how I feel when I see girls' hair ridiculously ratted on the top of their head making a dome. Like they have 2 heads. Thinking. . .they spent time on that. Why? And here I am walking around in Adidas snap pants and the same sweater I wear everyday of my life. I wonder if that's annoying to people. And the fact that I never brush my hair. ....At least I don't brush it the wrong way.

I think I'm just extra observant when I feel sick. Like my body won't focus on itself and all of my senses are heightened and all I can think about is every little thing around me. Like how that girl's top lip goes way too far over her bottom lip. Or the conversation 2 nerds are having behind me trying to study for their accounting class. Or how unnecessary all of that lip gloss is to my right. It's like a mirror... so shiny and sticky. Bad idea. I try to be as un-annoying as possible. Which is a 180 since high school. But I probably still am sometimes. And I guess I don't try all that hard other times. I guess just right now. Sitting shaking my left leg and staring into my computer screen. Although there is a sock full of rice on the desk. .. right next to my keyboard. I wonder if that's obnoxious. . .

1 comment:

Randomness Incarnate said...

Hahha what a good post. I liked that alot. Its called try hard. Those people, and maybe you used to be I dunno. I never thought so back then. I really relate to this because that is how I am always. Sick, healthy, whatever. I even do it when I'm in a conversation. I just sit and listen and watch and wait. Its a wierd thing too about how like those people annoy you and you wonder if you annoy other poeple. I used to think about that alot. I always said I hate people...they are stupid. But I didn't hate my friends...so I think its all relative. If you were emotionally involved in that person had the backstory and were similiar enough to them to be their friends you wouldn't think they were stupid or wierd. The truth is you just don't relate to them or understand them. Hahah I used to have this terrible condition where I thought I was better than everyone else. I still do, but thats more of a self esteem tool, not something I believe. I think everyone is really awsome I just know more about myself because I can read my mind, and thus I like me me more. If that makes sense. Wow didn't mean for super long commentation.